Jump-start your guitar career.
Maybe guitar has a bit of a learning curve - I mean, it hurts at first if you're doing it right. Man, what kind of way is that to motivate someone to play? But hey, if it weren't tough to do, then it wouldn't be so cool.
So despite the challenges, of course you want to play! Our Boot Camp is the perfect "start-from-scratch" opportunity for guitarists with just a few months (or no months!) of study. Use your own guitar or borrow one of ours. You'll learn:
- How to hold, tune, and care for your guitar
- How to read tab, chord grids, and standard music notation
- About lots of different types of guitars: classical, acoustic, electric, twelve-string, electric twelve string...
- The sixteen or so chords that will allow you to play almost any song
- How to use a capo and a pick
- Several folk melodies
- A few awesome rock riffs, from Nirvana to the Violent Femmes
- A bunch of songs you can start playing right away, from artists like Imagine Dragons, OneRepublic, and Taylor Swift
- How to find all of the notes on the guitar, once and for all, thanks to our gigantic, five-foot-long guitar fretboard
Intense effort yields intense results. You'll be amazed at how much you'll learn, and you'll get to show it off with a concert at the end for your family and friends.
This workshop is for ages eight to twelve.
WORKSHOPS AT ECLECTIC MUSIC
Location: 56 17th Street NE, Atlanta, GA, 30309 (Ansley Park)
Who should come: Beginners age 8-12.
Bring: A guitar (if you have one)
We Provide: A team of caring adults, musical instruments, a snack, and lots of fun experiences
About Us: Eclectic Music, established in 2002, offers music lessons, classes, and summer camps. This will be our eighth summer camp season and our fifth year offering Guitar Boot Camp.