Develop your vocal ability and your creativity.
In this workshop, you'll have a blast creating your own versions of favorite songs, complete with choreography, costumes, and flashy vocal work.
You and your fellow singers will, with the guidance of an expert teacher, get to:
- Choose the songs you want to sing.
- Learn harmony parts.
- Choose the instrumentation (backing track? Or live band?).
- Learn tricks that help combat stage fright.
- Create costumes (even sets, if you want!).
- Learn instrumental skills that fit with the songs you're doing (in one group last year, kids played drums, melodica, and hand percussion).
- Incorporate a storyline through the use of creative choreography or through the sequencing of the songs.
- Learn vocal techniques that will help you sound great for the rest of your life.
- Experience team spirit through collaborating with your fellow singers.
Singing a solo won't be required, but is definitely a possibility! The week will end with a performance for your family and friends.
This workshop is for ages 6 to 11. Like all of our summer camps, it meets at 1015 Edgewood Ave (within Inman Park Church) from 9:00 to 1 PM each weekday. It is led by Rose Shue, an experienced camp leader and a junior music education major at Furman University.